During the past few years, the number of startups in Finland has increased significantly, making this field more competitive than ever. But it is not the whole story, altogether, the startups formed a strong ecosystem which supports each other to grow.
After 5 years, *ship is now more than just a competition, an event; *ship has been an annual occasion for the startup community meet up and connect. Therefore, besides the main event – Mentor Program and Pitch Captain Competition, *ship always tries to provide participants with new opportunities to develop their business ideas. This year, alongside with the main event, *ship gladly introduce you a chance to win a 2-week international startup school at SumIT, Saint Petersburg.
Founded in 2012, the startup school has attracted more than 1000 applications with 70 graduates who raised more than $ 5 million investments and got more than $ 3 million proceeds. SumIT also caught the attention of more than 50 mentors and experts from all around the world, being able to deliver the best advisors to participants.
The startup school will last for 2 weeks from the 19th of August to the 30th of August, and the agenda will be as follows:
- Project work with the help of experienced mentors
- Master Classes from professionals in IT, mobile, internet and marketing spheres
- Workshops and seminars with invited speakers
- Final project pitching on the Demo Day with experts in investment
SumIT has prepared various activities for you to utilize the 2-week time, including group works, master classes, and workshops. The content of each program will be as follows:
- Group work in teams of 3-4 people:
- Flow of ideas
- International community
- Master Classes:
- B2C and B2B in Russia and worldwide
- Russian IT, mobile, internet market
- Startup promotion on the Russian market
- Investment opportunities for the startup in Russia
- Economic metrics in startup projects
- Basics of financial planning
- PR communication for startups
- Pitch deck
- Public speaking
More on SumIT at: http://sumit.tilda.ws/